Sunday, July 26, 2009

Frontage Road

Okay, so here is a giggle for you...since I giggle at myself every time I see a sign for "Frontage Rd."
We went to Houston in 2007 for spring break and, of course, had to travel through several big cities on the way. I thought it was interresting that so many places had a road named "Frontage." It never occured to me that "Frontage Rd." was simply a side street for access to businesses off of highways and such until I saw "Frontage Rd." around every twist and turn while in Houston.
Yes, I AM still a silly blonde girl on the inside. Now, every time I see a "Frontage Rd." I giggle at myself, however, I would never tell my husband about my absence of common sense because he'd NEVER let me live it down!

2 comments:

Chanda said...

This little insight into your thoughts did indeed make me giggle! I used to wonder why their were so many frontage rds when I first moved to Kansas.

Holding my Breath said...

OMG!!!! I thought the same thing!!!Except I made the mistake of voicing it outloud. You are the smarter of the two of us.