Friday, August 27, 2010

GO! GO! GO!

We are about to finish up the second week of school, allergy season is a bitch, and my nerves are fried.

Dane ended up staying home this year, he has had NO interest in the toilet...until last night. He freely, of his own will, went to the bathroom and peed! This morning we had a repeat preformance, after which he informed me he needed some candy. Yes, we are at THAT point. I never did have to use anything more than verbal praise and hugs for the other kids, but Dane sure knows how to milk it! I would like to take a moment to thank the makers of Sixlets and their tiny little packets of candy that I can dole out one at a time for potty success. So thank you Sixlets, from the bottom of my heart!

Sheridan was pretty excited about the start of school though she is now back to disliking it and making a point of that by stomping around as loud as her lttle body will let her. It's really very funny. Bad Mom! No, really...it is. She tries so hard to look and act angry, unfortunately for her the stomping is about as loud as an ant and her scrunched up face is sooooo cute! LOL! Then there is the part where she is so easily distracted that it never lasts more than a couple of minutes. Funny!

Madeline is in glasses. She also never ceases to amaze me! I have been waiting patiently to be told one of my children has been lucky enough to inherit my terrible sight and preparing myself for the frustration they will feel at having to get glasses. Madeline has been a HUGE disappointment! She was thrilled to get glasses! She picked them out on her own, wears them without complaint, and handles them with such care! She even wears a pretty little purple grandma chain so they don't hit the ground if they were to get knocked off in PE or at recess. She is loving school, I think she thrives on the routine and organization it requires. Poor kid. I love that she is so much like me...but it worries me and drives me nutty in the same breath!

Elijah couldn't be MORE excited about school. He has had nothing less than "the best day ever" each and every day! I even kept him out of class until 10:30 yesterday for a sore throat and doctor visit. He danced in his seat when I told him the strep screen came back negative and he would be going back to school. I KNOW! Middle school scared the crap out of me for the first month! He's totally into it though and seems to really be finding his place, shame on me for worrying so darn much! He started football last week too! My little man is a B.I.G. boy and watching him play / practice gets my testosterone going..."Run him over peanut! Get him! Go! Go! Go!" (all while gritting my teeth). (He's the tall one in the white jersey)

Time to head for the pharmacy...the allergy medicine aisle is calling my name.

No comments: