Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Courage

This is the art of courage: to see things as they are and still believe that the victory lies not with those who avoid the bad, but those who taste, in living awareness, every drop of the good. -Victoria Lincoln

My great friend, S.C., has this posted on her blog: "I would swear to anyone that I'm the luckiest person in the world. My life isn't perfect, but my memory is such that I can't remember anything bad." What great insight she has! She chooses to deal with her every-day ups and downs, just like the rest of us...but she feels all the good with such depth in each of her senses that she can't remember anything bad! What an AMAZING feeling to have! Lucky her, and lucky me to have such great inspiration in a friend like her.

Courage accept the negative and relish all the good that comes with it...no matter how much or little there is! Cool.

"A smile, a nod in the elevator, a few minutes of quiet time-these are living every drop of the good."

1 comment:

Holding my Breath said...

How did I miss this??? Thank you for your kind words. I love you to bits and pieces and I promise you are someone I will NEVER forget!

s.c.