Sunday, June 28, 2009


I am finally getting used to this new schedule...meaning time for family and me. I had the weekend off and enjoyed every moment I did not HAVE to crack a book, every moment I could focus completely on my kids. Nope, I don't have to be the "MmmmHmm" parent with a half assed look out of the corner of my eye while my face is burried in a book, as the kids say "Look at me mommy!" I don't have to miss any of it now! Nothing is cooler than that!
We had two nights of sleepovers...(I am learning that boys are just as giggly as girls so don't let your husbands tell you otherwise)...swimming, pizza, ball practice, and just an all around good time. I had no worries about when I would squeeze in a little time for anyone or anything! The house was cleaned, errands were run, kids were happy, Kerry got to shoot clay pigeons and even went to the driving range. It might be easier than I thought to find a "happy" place right here at home.
I was tired last night, but couldn't sleep. My solution??? I got in the car, drove north until I hit a dirt road and continued about a mile (which isn't far if you live where I do). I turned everything off, but a little light music, and sat back on a blanket in the ditch. I did not stay long, but the crickets, the breeze, the night sky, all of it was so...so tranquil. I could have fallen asleep right then and there. The point of the story? Making time for me, ANY time for me is coming along nicely. I am still responsible for everything as before, but I am able to let go of the unimportant to make time for my own serenity...good word, thanks friend.
Maybe I will get back home to me sooner than I thought.

Don't you realize that the sea is the home of water? All water is off on a journey unless it's in the sea, and it's homesick, and bound to make it's way home someday. -Zora Neale Hurston

1 comment:

Holding my Breath said...

It makes my heart glad to hear your happy voice.