Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Drinking from my own well.



In contemporary America people are again discovering how to drink from their own wells. -Lynn R. Laurence

I am not sure how long this will last, but I have decided to share my daily meditations. I hope to keep it going for many months but that will take some discipline on the "taking time for me" side of life.

The text states, "...looking outside ourselves for someone who will fix our lives for us. We sometimes even believe that God or a power greater than ourselves can make everything alright-that we just have to sit back and let it happen. Not so."

"Healing is the experience of the oneness of all things and our ability to take our place in that oneness."

So in short, I am a firm believer in my God; He has carried me through so much! It is knowing I have to be an active participant in my life and in my healing process that is the difference. He is within me and all that is around me. Free will cannot be taken from me, it is a very special gift He gave to me before I was born. Choices. Choices are what we all have. I choose to be an active participant because if I choose to lay back and let it happen...it will be the end of me.

"My thirst can only be quenched from my own well and my awareness that this well is mine and is shared by all."

No comments: